General Packing Box Tips
Start packing several weeks before your move date, taking it one room at a time. Begin with things you use less frequently, such as books and knick knacks. Pack each room in separate boxes and label each box with its contents. Keep only essential items aside until the last day or two.
• When packing always remember that the heavier an item is, the smaller the box you should use
• Label each box and indicate the following: (a) Which room it should go in (b) Whether it is fragile (c) If it should be loaded last so it will be unloaded first.
• Pack your valuables separately and plan on keeping these items with you. Pack a box of essential items you will need during and right after the trip. It may sound obvious but pack heavier items on the bottom of the box and lighter items on top. Leave lightweight linens and clothing in their drawers. Pack extra linens, pillows and stuffed animals in large bin liners and tape closed.
• Don’t Overfill! Please ensure that you do not overfill your boxes and cartons, remember that they have to be lifted. The top and sides of each box shouldn’t bulge, nor should they cave in when closed. The removal men are fully trained but they are not supermen.
• Don’t Under fill! This may seem stupid after the previous tip but partially filled boxes may collapse if heavy items are placed on top of them. Try to distribute your things evenly in the available boxes.
• Suitcases and Luggage Where possible use your suitcases and other luggage to pack some of your things. Using vacuum storage bags is a good idea
• Dishes and Glassware Wrap breakables in bubble wrap and use newspaper to fill extra spaces in boxes.
• Mirrors and pictures For large mirrors or pictures, cover both sides with bubble wrap and heavy cardboard, then bind with tape.
• Lawn and Garage Items Strap long garden tools together into a bundle. Pack heavy power tools into small sturdy boxes and fill spaces with newspaper.
• Electrical items Whenever possible use original shipping boxes for computers, printers and other electronic items. Tape electrical cords to back of appliances.
• Pop bubbles in bubble wrap as a stress relieve while waiting for the house sale to go through!
• Visit our blog PACKING BOXES LIVERPOOL to get a idea of what boxes are available to order with free next day delivery at MaxiMove Ltd.
Contact MaxiMove Ltd – Man & Van Hire
For a Free No-Obligation Quotation
Call 07388 230841